Strawberry Soup



I recently made Strawberry Soup and am now completely obsessed with this delicious summer meal. Well, meal is not really the greatest word - let's say it's an appetizer or a very light dinner. Like very light. But so worth the prep, which really, isn't terribly time consuming. The worst part of this recipe is waiting for the soup to chill. I make mine at night before bed so that it's all ready for lunch the next day. I even bring it to work in one of these and enjoy it as a snack in the afternoon.

I'll be making this again for a BBQ dinner I have coming up in a couple of weekends, as I think it'll definitely be a crowd pleaser. 

Here's the recipe, which is good for about 4 people: 



Strawberry Soup
2 pints strawberries, de-stemmed and cut into quarters 
2 cups plain yogurt
1 cup orange juice
1/2 cup sugar
1/8 tsp ground cardamom 

Blend strawberries, yogurt, orange juice, sugar, and cardomom in a blender until well blended. If you want a thicker consistency, add more yogurt. 
Chill and serve.