Sailing Adventures!

To complete the celebration of turning 30 this year, I organized a sailing adventure with a few girlfriends. I have been eyeing Manhattan By Sail for a couple of years now so I figured nows as good a time as any to do a sail around the NY Harbor. Now, none of us have ever sailed. And it's worth a mention that 3 out of the 5 of us don't know how to swim (myself included) so while we were a bit hesitant on somehow falling off the sailboat or wondering where we were going to sit, we all did astoundingly well and had a great time. It was completely relaxing and gave us a great view of the Statue of Liberty. I'd recommend it and am eager to go back and do their sunset sail next! 


Here are the photos from the sail. The weather started out cloudy, but by the time we were heading back to the marina, the sun was shining and was hot. I'm glad we did the first sail of the day. Also worth mentioning that the crew was great and worked very hard. Our seats gave us a vantage point of watching them as they knotted ropes and moved the sails around - - seemed very complicated from my stand point, though intriguing. Too bad I didn't know how to swim, otherwise I would sign up for sailing lessons! 


The sailboat docked at the marina in Battery Park City.

Working the ropes.

Tiffany was terrified that something was going to fall on her head.

Lorraine, Lisa, and Alicia - sailing smiles
Making sure nothing would fall on them. 

Sailing towards Lady Liberty

About to move the sails

Lorraine and Lady Liberty

Through the sails

Rope

Working it

Lady Liberty!

Downtown Skyline through the sails

Alicia 

Tiffany

Photo courtesy Tiffany - I look like a kid at Disneyland for the first time. 

I have to say, this being 30 thing is kinda really awesome and I'm a bit sad that the celebrations have ended. But onward to enjoy my 30th year!