Every Day of Summer Photo Blog: Summer Week 5

Good food, a birthday for a very special person, a sign of desperation, and rain is everything I'll remember about the 5th week of summer!:

Day 29: A Few Raindrops (Among Many): I was home sick this day from work with remnants of a migraine that I got on day 28. I went for acupuncture, then went to my parents house to relax afterwards. Just as I had gotten there, the skies opened and the thunder/lightning/rain that followed were insane. I've been trying to photograph rain for awhile now so this was attempt #48209 to date.

Day 30: Indian Dinner Feast: There are about a handful of people who are willing to eat Indian food with me, Jess being one of them. We met to go to our favorite place in the city, Chennai Garden. We've decided to go there often to enjoy the good food and to do our catch up's. I loooooooooooooooooove Indian food. A visit to a psychic recently revealed that I have past life connections to India. I suspected that as it's really a comfort and go-to type of food for me. I have no problems walking into an Indian restaurant on my own, sitting down, and enjoying a good meal by myself - - I love it that much to eat alone!

Day 31: Silvercup: Each day my 7 train passes Silvercup Studios and I have a pang of jealously towards everyone that works there because it's so close to my house and probably so far from theirs. It'd be amazing to work just 2 stops away from my apartment. But besides the jealously I feel in the morning, at nighttime I always look up as we approach Silvercup because the skyline of the city at sunset is really amazing. Oftentimes the sun is right behind this sign and I've always wanted to capture that. The train goes too fast, so this was all I was able to get.

Day 32: Summer Motto: We visited the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory in Dumbo and while waiting on the line that was about 50 deep, I saw this sign on one of their fridge's and thought it was quite funny. I decided right then and there to make this my motto for summer. I'm not the biggest fan of ice cream, but it's a nice treat on a hot summer day.

Day 33: Celebrating Mom's Birthday: She's a very special person to many people and to me, she's my everything and best friend. We all gathered together to celebrate another year of her life and had many laughs that day. My nephews always get in on the blowing candles part of celebrations and this picture was while we were singing happy birthday.

Day 34: A Sign that I Desperately Need a Pedicure: I know, I know ... it's a ridiculously gross picture to take and then to post, but I was really in shock at how gross I allowed my toes to get! I hadn't even noticed my nails were chipping, but they were using any call for help they could. I'm happy to report, the next day I managed to get to the salon to get my nails the special attention they needed. I decided against documenting the pedicure - though I'm sure everyone would've rather seen that.

Day 35: Coffee Break!: I brought in my old Nespresso machine to work so now we all enjoy some really good coffee or espresso. During a trip to Gristedes, I found anisette toasts, which I fondly remember snacking on as a child. Dunking it in coffee is delicious. So I enjoyed this treat after an especially boring lunch of salad. Unfortunately just one co-worker loves the treats as much as I do so we have an entire box of anisette toasts to get through together. Fine by me!