Every Day of Summer Photo Blog: Summer Week 11

What an eventful week 11 of summer! Labor Day weekend fell into this week and put an unofficial end to summer. How sad! Well, luckily as an adult I can still enjoy the last few weekends of summer (and week days too of course) and savor each last hot memory!

And speaking of hot ... that's what I'll remember about my week 11: the hotness that is Fifty Shades of Grey Trilogy. A couple of months ago my sister-in-law asked me if I had read it yet because she wanted to see if I bought into the hype. I hadn't read it yet, but said I would. Eventually. Well eventually came this week 11 and it took me from Thursday to Tuesday to finish all 3 books. Thank goodness for the Labor Day holiday weekend! I basically stayed home and read!

But back to week 11... here are the photos:


Summer Day 71: Seat Stealer - I didn't particularly appreciate this man who practically knocked me over to push ahead of me to get on the train and then completely cut in front of me to steal the seat I was planning on sitting on. I'm all for women's lib, but honestly, I wish men would be a bit more respectful. While they aren't all rude, I would say a majority of men don't hesitate to take a seat on the train without even asking you if you want to sit down. Sometimes I think about putting on a fake preggy belly so I could maybe get some seat sympathy? Even then, would it work? Well anyway, I thought for a minute or two if this guy maybe had something wrong with him that would require him to sit instead of me settling down on the seat with my 20 lb handbag. But nothing on the surface appeared to be disabled. He just seemed very rude and I think he felt my glares at him the whole ride because he maintained this position/intense stare at his phone all the way to his stop, which happened to also be my stop. I should've tripped him on the way off the train but I refrained :)


Summer Day 72: Meatpacking David - on 9th & 14th there is this recreation of the statue of David. It's a wonderful site to see in a relatively unpretty area of the meatpacking district of the city.


Summer Day 73: High Tea with Tim - Ahhh tea time, how I love thee! At 4pm, Tim & I kicked off the Labor Day weekend with High Tea at Tea & Sympathy. Check my previous blog posting on all the details for how it all went, but it was so exquisite!


Summer Day 74: Shades Obsessed - Well, I already let the cat out of the bag: I am obsessed with Fifty Shades of Grey. It's really a romance novel, not erotica, and anyone who wants to argue that with me, then just inbox me. But seriously, this book kept me up into the wee hours of the morning until I forced myself to get some sleep so I could be somewhat functionable for work the next day. I quickly learned I couldn't read it on the train since it was so hard to put down!


Summer Day 75: Recipe Hunting - I was having my parents over for dinner (why not cook for them sometimes right?) and was looking through one of my favorite cookbooks: Lidia Cooks from the Heart of Italy for some good recipes. Having hailed from Trentino-Alto Adige, I knew my mother would appreciate some of the recipes I pulled out from this cookbook since Lidia has an entire section dedicated to my mom's home region. I made a delicious country salad containing cauliflower, radishes, green apple, asiago cheese, and walnuts + stuffed peppers & portobello mushrooms & a dessert of canederli (dumplings made with ricotta) covered in strawberry sauce. We were a bit disappointed in the canederli but all else was amazing.


Summer Day 76: A Bottle of Red, A Bottle of White ... Whatever Kind of Mood You're In Tonight - I had this song stuck in my head all day after hearing it while I was driving earlier in the day. Then I had the dinner with my parents and in fact realized how it was a bottle of red or white that night. Ha! I sipped both ... but preferred the red :)


Summer Day 77: Vino, Kindle, Fifty Shades Book 3, and Couch... Time to Finish this Book - and indeed it got done. I was determined! Though sipping the wine got me a bit tired, I really had no issue staying awake to finish reading the book! I enjoyed book 2 the most, but really did enjoy reading all three.