Every Day of Summer Photo Blog: Summer Week 13

The end of summer is quickly approaching - the final 10 days. How sad! But there's a part of me that's very ready for fall - the cool mornings and evenings are starting to tease us. It's a good thing. This week includes some firsts: my first taste of beef in a 2 months absence in my diet and my first trip to a bar I've been wanting to go to for a couple of years now. Great memories as summer starts to draw its curtain to us!

Summer Day 85: An Evening at Raines Law Room - Tucked away down a few stairs and behind an inconspicuous door is Raines Law Room. I went with Eric & Ryan there to celebrate Ryan's promotion. It was a grab night and the Law Room did not disappoint. Go there if you haven't been already! (Sorry that the photo is so dark, Raines Law Room is quite a dark and mysterious place!)

Summer Day 86: Candles that Smell Like Fall - I know, it's still technically summer, but I can't resist burning my fall candles once Labor Day has left us. Yes I said candles! I have so many fall scented candles and just a couple of months to burn them before I start burning my Christmas scented candles!

Summer Day 87: Fruitcake Soaked in Bourbon - It was our family friend, Doris', birthday today and we celebrated with her. I had been saving this Fruitcake from my visit to the Abbey of Gethsemani where the monks who live there make this cake with that ever so special ingredient of Bourbon. Doris had always wanted to visit the Abbey but never got around to it, so I figured I'd bring this back to enjoy with her. It was delicious! You can order some here!

Summer Day 88: Beautiful Day to Bet Pennies in Atlantic City - It was one of those days that summer decides to remind you that it's still around. The sun was bright and warm and the air had the faintest touch of autumn in it. My mother and I took a trip to Atlantic City to enjoy the beautiful day. We bet on the penny machines (I won a whopping 31.00), but we mostly go to walk the boardwalk and shop. If there was a low-rollers club, we'd be the President & Vice President of it.

Summer Day 89: Cheeburger Cheeburger in NY! - When I lived in Florida for a few months a few years ago for work, we often got Cheeburger. It's a good burger and I thought it only existed south of the Mason Dixie line, so I was surprised when I saw it in Staten Island. I haven't had burgers in over two months, per my doctor's order, and this was my first. It was delicious. And very much missed (both burger & food establishment!).

Summer Day 90: Halloween Pop Up Stores Have Opened in NYC - I love that NYC has pop up stores on many kinds. The Halloween ones are always fun. I'm not the biggest fan of Halloween, but do enjoy the creativity behind the holiday.

Summer Day 91: Mesmerized by NYC Skyline - My train does a nice route that parallels the NYC skyline. The view isn't terribly obstructed by buildings, so you can really enjoy a nice sunset over the city or just the general view. I always stop what I'm doing to look out the window at this point of my ride coming home from work. Even if it's dark, the lights of the city are breathtaking. Why not stop and look up every so often? You have to look at the things you're grateful for and this city is something I'm very happy to be living in and especially for having grown up in.