Every Day of Summer Photo Blog: Summer Week 10

It's amazing what can happen in one week. You go from stress-free to overly stressed within 12 hours. Keeps life interesting. I spent a portion of week 10 in Lake George. Great memories. Then back to the grind of work and work and more work.

Summer Day 64: Lake George - After a beautiful train ride aboard Amtrak's Adirondack route, I arrived early afternoon in Lake George and joined my family who had already experienced 3 days of fun in the mountainous region. I'm glad I was able to escape work for a few days to be with them. 

Summer Day 65: Sitting on the Dock - I've developed quite a love of docks. Funny since I don't swim and rarely go on boats that leave from this small a dock. Something very comforting about this sight though.

Summer Day 66: Relaxation - If I ever have a house of my own, with enough room in the backyard, I want to buy these adirondack chairs. They are so comfortable and beg you to sit, relax, enjoy the scenery or a good book. Each morning on the lake, I'd go and sit in one of those chairs and ease my way into the day. I'm not a morning person so it takes me a solid hour before I feel completely alert. These chairs helped me as I saw, sipped my tea, and watched the sun rise on the lake. 

Summer Day 67: Cocktails at the Sagamore Hotel - We went to visit the Sagamore for afternoon tea, only to be told they discontinued it 2 months ago. Tear. I adore my tea. Cocktails are a close second though so we just had to settle on that. It was a delight to sip cocktails and have girl talk with my mom and sister-in-laws. No men/boys allowed so we took in the view and updated on al the gossip. Most enjoyable afternoon. Who needs tea?!

Summer Day 68: Orange County Choppers - on our drive home from Lake George we made a pitstop to visit Orange Country Choppers. My dad LOVES that show. He has been wanting to visit there for 2 years or so and was really excited when we stopped. It was pretty awesome to see their craftsmanship of motorcycles. Beautiful, intricate detailing, top of the line, and beyond creative. Very fun pitstop. 

Summer Day 69: A Long Wait for Lunch - the estimated delivery time was no joke. I ordered at 12:45, the food arrived at 2:30. Crazy unbelievable. I was starved by the time it arrived. I apologize to any co-workers who may have gotten their head bitten off by yours truly in her grumptastic famishable state. 

Day 70: Because When You Have Salad for Dinner, You Need to End the Night with Panna Cotta - an that I did. I met an old co-worker/dear friend for dinner this night. Great time catching up and eating good food (even if I just had a salad). But the new golden rule is if you eat good for a meal, you can indulge in dessert. This panna cotta was delicious. Malatesta Trattoria has quickly become one of my favorite go-to Italian restaurants in the city.