Frittata - A Little Taste of Spain

During college, I studied abroad in Spain and it's since become my favorite country to visit. I attribute it mostly to the beauty, but there's a part of me (aka my stomach) that attributes it to the food. I stayed with a lovely woman we called Doña Silvia who made lunch every day for me and the other students living in her home during our abroad study. One of my favorite foods she made was an egg and potato frittata. I regret not getting the recipe for it, but at the time I felt I would never be able to recreate anything I loved.

For the first time ever a few weekends back, I made a frittata - one with spinach, red potatoes, and cheddar cheese. Quite different, not the same, but pretty good. 




Here's the recipe: 


Frittata
7 eggs
1/3 cup of milk
2 cups of shredded fresh spinach
5 green onions cut thinly, light green parts only
1/2 cup cheddar cheese 
6 red potatoes (peeled, boiled for 5 minutes, then cut into small cubes) 
2 tbsp olive oil 
Salt & Pepper
Italian Seasoning (enough to coat the potatoes)  
1/4 tsp of Garlic Salt
3 leaves of fresh basil, cut very thin

Once potatoes are prepped, put them in a large bowl with the olive oil. Sprinkle Italian Seasoning over them, enough to coat the potatoes. Let the potatoes sit while you get the other ingredients together. 

Combine spinach, fresh basil, and green onions in a bowl. 

Beat eggs, then add milk. 

Heat a skillet, allow to get warm, then cook the potatoes for 6 minutes (they should be slightly browned) over med-high heat. 

Add the spinach mixture to the potatoes and cook for about 3 minutes until the spinach has wilted. 

Lower the heat to medium.

Pat the potatoes in a single layer in the skillet then add the egg & milk over the potatoes and spinach. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese.

Cover and cook for about 10-12 minutes or until the eggs are set. 

Enjoy!