Earl Grey Shortbread Cookies

Tea anyone? These cookies go excellent with it ... I hosted a tea party over the weekend and this was the newest recipe I tried out for it. VERY simple to whip up and were well received. Apparently, they taste better the next day. I wouldn't know since I didn't keep any leftovers for myself! Next time ...

I used Lady Earl Grey tea for this recipe, but will do Earl Grey next time. I also was just below 2 tablespoons of tea so I'll need to be more exact which will result in more of a tea flavor. Note that when they say "loose tea" I really think they mean you cut open the tea bag and use the smaller ground tea - - not literal leaves of tea. Learned that the hard way when I used a good blend of Earl Grey which stubbornly would not pulse in the food processor. Just cut a tea bag open - it's much easier.

You can get the recipe here.

Happy tea time!