Chicken Fricassee


I've had a recipe for Chicken Fricassee for awhile now (a year to be exact, I pulled the recipe from Martha Stewart's October 2012 issue) and just the other day, I finally made it!

Now, I'm recently obsessed with French cooking. Obsessed meaning I want to cook it for every meal, collect tons of recipes, and then shy away from it when push comes to shove. I've had Julia Child's notorious cookbook Mastering the Art of French Cooking for about 6 years now on my shelf (I think it makes my look like a more serious cook when people see it on my kitchen shelf!) and I've been vying over a Le Creuset pan for as long as I've owned a stove. Finally, after stumbling upon Dorie Greenspan's French Friday's with Dorie, I decided it was time to go French. Except before I embark on Dorie's blog/cooking club, I decided to give it a try with a dish that seemed easy enough and without the pressure of a club.

Cue the Chicken Fricassee recipe that's been on my bulletin board for a year. The pictures looked mouth watering, but then again, what Martha Stewart recipe doesn't?! I made a little trip to Williams Sonoma after work one night and picked up this delightful new addition for the kitchen and decided it was a good investment for all this French food I'll be doing! It is well worth every penny! Very easy to care for and to cook with!

And so French Friday's commenced with Chicken Fricassee quite successfully. The only deviation I made from the recipe is cooking all chicken breasts, instead of a whole chicken. I just don't find it very appetizing to eat a whole chicken and would rather my guests get equal portions of meat. A slight tweak I have is to add salt to the broth as the dish seemed to need some more of it.

A tres bon recipe you can find here! I hope you enjoy it very much!

Chicken Fricassee served with egg noodles