Baby Blankets

I've been knitting for about 5 years now and pretty much the only things I knit are baby blankets and scarves. At some point, I'll need to learn something new to make - like socks or a hat! For now though, I do the basic knit and purl. Sometimes I get super fancy and do the seed stitch! 

Baby blankets have become something special to make because they have unique stories associated with them. I won't get into those stories here since they're all rather personal, but I did want to share photos of the blankets I've made and the adorable babies they were made for. 

Baby Finn

One of the first blankets I made was for Finn. It was small, but I was proud of my accomplishment!: 





Baby Cleo

Next up was the blanket which has become my favorite one, especially with the yarn used - oh so soft! I saw the pattern for this while studying a girls knitted hat on the train one morning. I really like this pattern - simple to do and looks very clean and cozy. This was for Cleo!:






Baby Caiden 

Then there was the blanket for Finn's brother, Caiden! I decided to use the same yarn so they matched, but after a couple of years experience, Caiden has the better looking blanket: 







Baby Hadley 

I had bought this yarn at the same time as the yarn for Cleo's blanket and just kept it in my yarn basket. Then randomly last February I started to make a baby blanket with that yarn. No one I knew was pregnant, but I kept at it determined to get it done. And then one night over dinner, Hadley's amazing mommy Ryan told me she was expecting a little girl and it all suddenly made sense why I had spent the previous months making that blanket. Seems like Hadley was getting her way well before she was born :) 






















Baby Piper 

Another baby girl was on the horizon and so I wanted to do something a little less pink, but still girly so I got a wonderful yarn in a salmon-like color and after a few false starts, finally picked up speed and made a soft and most perfect blanket with the basket weave stitch (probably the most advanced pattern to date). I was really proud of this one! I'm waiting for a picture still of Piper with her blanket, but here's the blanket in the meantime! 



Baby Drew 

My very near and dear friend Leanne told me she and her husband were expecting their first child. I was so excited for them and even more excited it gave me a chance to knit another blanket! They weren't finding out the sex of the baby, so that gave me the challenge to figure out what gender neutral color to do. I stressed about the color for awhile and then finally decided on grey and creamy white. When visiting Leanne about a month shy of her delivery and about half-way through my blanket making, she showed me some things she had purchased for the nursery and I saw the material of her rocker was grey and white. Immediately, I knew I had picked the right colors! Drew was born in late summer and when I met him, I passed over the blanket. The design of the blanket is of one I saw in a catalog for a non-handmade blanket and figured I could recreate it. I like the rib design, seems preppy and appropriate for the little man that Drew already is!