Summer BBQ '12!

Each summer, I host a BBQ which ends up having to be at my parents house since they have a lot of room to accommodate all my guests. The BBQ provides a time for people to see each other who may not normally see each other too often and gives me a chance to do all the cooking and baking my little heart desires. It's not at all a social fest for me because I end up buried in the kitchen and over the grill the whole time. But I very much enjoy everyone having a good time and putting good food in their stomachs.

The menu this year was extensive, more than past BBQs and it was a lot of work, but was so much fun. And oh so worth it. Here it is, along with links to the recipes (if the recipes aren't top secret!):

Baby "buck" Ribs
Pulled Pork
Shell Pasta with Tomatoes, Basil, and Grilled Chicken
Burgers
Sausage and Peppers
Farro Salad
Tortellini Pasta with Walnut Pesto
Chickpea Salad
Cornbread
Mac n' Cheese

Oreo Cupcakes
Coca Cola Cake
Banana S'mores
Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting
Peanut Butter & Nutella Swirl Cookies
Dutch Fudge Cookies

I had help with the cooking: the rubs & pork being courtesy of my brother and his awesome bbq'ing skills and the sausage & peppers were my mom's famous, but all else was made by my little hands! Tons of fun, tons of great recipes so I hope you indulge in them yourself (especially the Oreo Cupcakes & Coco Cola Cake).

Here are some really awesome photos of people, food, and desserts taken by Eric (so thankful to him for these great pictures):
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

And what better way to end the night than with a bottle of tequila direct from Mexico? 


Now the next planning is a Dessert Only Party - - which I think can be most enjoyable!