Every Day of Summer Photo Blog: Summer Week 8

Eight weeks have already passed, I can't believe it, since summer began. Just shy of a month left, where does the time go?! The days are all blurring together now with just a handful of them really sticking out, but the memories of this summer have been awesome. Week 8 was a busy one. I hosted a BBQ and spent a lot of days prepping that then recovering from that. But aside from the BBQ there were other highlights of this week: 

Summer Day 50: Lost Package - I spent the beginning of week 8 in search of a missing Fed Ex package. Any wonder it went missing - there was no waybill on the box or inside the box and the box itself looked like it was being put out for trash. Magically it ended up at my office, hand delivered by a creepy guy who gave me a very long lingering handshake. Gross.

Summer Day 51: Peas in a  Pod - I was prepping for a farro salad I was making for my bbq and I came across the most perfect pod of peas so delicately hanging. I've never seen such a perfect pod!

Summer Day 52: When My Shoulder Became Someone's Seat - There are so many annoying things about commuting, but dealing with inconsiderate people probably takes the cake. This woman parker her backside right on my shoulder on my commute home. What nerve! I moved my shoulder so many times but she seemed oblivious to the fact that she was in my way! Or on me! Luckily I just had two stops before I got home. When I attempted to leave the train, she didn't even move out of the way and blocked the door. How are some people so absorbed in their lives that they neglect to see anyone around them!
 
Summer Day 53: Last BBQ's Standing - this is a dark photo, mostly because it was so late in the evening and partly because aside from the string lights, there's zero light in my parents backyard. You know when people have a good time when they stay well after the main crowd leaves. I always enjoy hosting parties where people don't like to leave. 
Summer Day 54: BBQ Leftovers - I finally took a photo of my brother's famous pulled pork and my cornbread. These were left overs from the bbq, but oh so good still. Mmmmm

Summer Day 55: End of Summer Work Party - My company hosted an end of the summer bash (is it already really nearing the end?!) at The Frying Pan. It's a great spot to chill, take in the breeze of the Hudson, and sip a white sangria like what's posted. Oh and to watch the sunset over NJ. Beautiful. Even if NJ is the backdrop. It turned into a surprisingly fun night. I got to talk to people I work with who I often don't get to talk to on a personal level so it was really nice and ended in forming a writing club, which I am very much looking forward to. 

Summer Day 56: A Slumber Wine/Cookie Party with Kendra - who says slumber parties need to wait till the weekend? It was a great way to spend a Tuesday night: cookies, merlot, and girl talk. Just what the doctor ordered.