Italian Skewars

Maybe it's just me, but stress seems to multiply by at least 50% when I have company over. I stress about everything - are my floors shiny enough? is the bathroom sparkling? are the candles burning too over-powering? is that burnt toast smell gone? will the cake be done in time? is the silverware polished? Even for a simple get together, I stress out.

So when I find a recipe that is beyond easy, not stressful, and delicious, I can't help but hold onto it for dear life. That's what this recipe is - easy and delicious. Mostly easy because you can make it ahead, keep it in the fridge, then take out when company arrives so they can munch on something while they wait for the dinner or just as a snack.


I adapted this from a recipe I found in a magazine over the holidays. I simply call it Italian Skewars: 


Ingredients:
Tub of mozzarella balls

1 cup grape tomatoes
1cup cooked cheese tortellini
3 fresh basil leaves, sliced thin
good quality olive oil to drizzle
freshly ground salt & pepper

Once the tortellini has cooled off, arrange on a skewar the mozzarella, tomatoes, and tortellini - alternating. Lay each skewar on a baking sheet. Once all are assembled, sprinkle each with salt and pepper, then olive oil. Sprinkle basil leaves over as a garnish.

Serve immediately or store in fridge for a few hours before your fiesta!

Enjoy!