Christmas Eve Lunch

I hosted a Christmas Eve lunch this year for a small portion of my family members who were able to come. It was so much fun planning the menu (all new recipes) and I think it helped make the week leading up to Christmas weekend go by just a bit faster. I prepped food on Friday so on Saturday I didn't have to do that much - - made a big difference. 


Here's what was on the menu: 
Balsamic Glazed Filet Mignon
Scalloped Potatoes
French String Beans
Roasted Brussel Sprouts


For the appetizer, I cheated and got frozen mozzarella sticks and garlic bread. I know, I know ... if only I didn't have to work on Friday, then I would've made something fresh. 


And for dessert, I made cupcakes from my ever-so-hand cupcake machine. Love that thing so much. 


All in all, I thought the meal was pretty good and the company did too, which is all that matters. 


(not the best focused shot, but here's the meal!)