Christmas Break R & R Trip

During Christmas and New Years, I was lucky enough to escape to the warm Florida sun for a few days. The reason for the trip was to enjoy the Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa, but it turned out to be a quest for a good burger as I stopped by two burger places in the South Florida area.

The first was Le Tub, which I went to several years ago when I was living in the area for work. Gayle King claims it to be the "best burger in the US" ... I beg to differ. Just because you're Oprah's BFF doesn't give your opinion domain over all of ours Gayle! Le Tub has a fun environment which is half the fun right there. Their burger is humongous and leans on the dry side. Good, but nothing to make a trip down for. Also it took them about 1 hour to actually get me my burger. Better not go there hungry!


I enjoyed their decor more than anything: 



(Can you see the bird perched on the tree branch? There were a lot of birds lingering overhead while you were eating... one even decided to come share my fries with me!)

The second place I ended up at for a burger was 8 oz. in Miami. An old co-worker recommended it to me when he heard of my trip and I wasn't planning on making a trip into Miami just for the burger, but as food fate would have it, I decided to go to the Wolfsonian Institute in Miami then looked up 8 oz. to find it was a hop and a skip away.

Boy am I glad that worked out! What an amazingly delicious burger + beer battered onion rings! I'd go to Miami again just for this burger!


And aside from burgers, here are some other photos from my trip:





Wolfsonian Museum (small, but worth the visit)