Goodbye Clutter

I'm getting my closet doors replaced and in preparation for them being installed, I've been de-cluttering them so there's not so much to move when the contractors come. Not such an easy task though! I'm not an extreme pack-rat, but I definitely have a hard time throwing things out or donating clothes because of the "what if." What if I can fit into those jeans again? What if I need this small piece of wrapping paper for a small gift? Ugh, it's so frustrating! Sometimes I just want an HGTV show to come in here and deal with it for me.

But then I came across this pretty awesome article today: 7 steps to dealing with sentimental clutter.

It's a great read and helped make de-cluttering easier for me because I was finally able to accept that I do have "sentimental clutter." While I'm not as bad as I used to be, I definitely have a hard time throwing out cards, movie stubs, or chinese fortunes. What am I saving all this for?! It's not like I make some tea and sit with all my "sentimental" things one afternoon a month and remember!

In addition to perfecting pies, I think I am going to resolve to get rid of everything I don't absolutely need this year!