Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is such a great holiday. Food, food, and more food - what could be any better? Every year, my brother Peter and my sister-in-law Tricia host. They handle the main meal and the fixin's and I handle the dessert. I love handling the dessert! I start planning my menu weeks in advance and this year, I decided to forego any of my "traditional" desserts (i.e. my pumpkin bread pudding with caramel sauce) and do a completely new menu. Very intimidating because everyone loves a good dessert and if I'm doing all new ones? Eek! 

Luckily, everything came out fantastic and I managed to take some photos of them, but not them all. 


Maple Pie - inspired by my trip to Montreal this past Labor Day Weekend & the maple syrup I bought on the trip. 



Pumpkin Butter Cake - this was a very big hit, even among the non-pumpkin lovers! 



Hazelnut Cookies - these didn't come out that great. Read about it all on my cookie blog

The other dessert I made was an amazing apple bread pudding with hard cider sauce. Absolutely delicious, especially the sauce! It was so delicious, I forgot to take a photo of it! It tasted even better 2 days later! Highly recommend making this dessert. Easy enough and so very good! 

Looking forward to planning next year's dessert menu already!