A Classic NYC Christmastime Adventure

The other night, I saw my dear friend Kendra who is unfortunately (for me) moving to Jersey and fortunately for her, embarking on an amazing next chapter of her life. I will miss her dearly, though she is now a car ride away in a beautiful area of the state so I know she'll be easily reached whenever I need my Kendra fix. We did a very unexpected classic NYC at Christmastime Adventure: 


Tree @ Rock Center 


(Funny how after seeing the tree every year for as long as I could remember, I am still never prepared for how much it takes my breath away.)


St. Patrick's Cathedral 



(After I took this picture, I heard a little girl ask her parents "Where is Baby Jesus?" - - too cute.)


Other highlights included navigating the 5th Avenue hustle & bustle, trying to find a restaurant that wasn't having a company holiday party, talk about Delilah on 106.7 and our shared obsession with Christmas music, and of course, a trip to see the final taping of 2011 of The Colbert Report:





It's always the unexpected that leads to the more memorable times.