Turks & Caicos

I am now officially 30 - eek! I still feel 12 sometimes, but also feel 72 other times. Maybe 30 is just right.

To ring in my 30th year, I wanted to do something different, not just the same ol' birthday dinner, so I went to Turks & Caicos. I needed a vacation anyway so why not combine the two? Well, I think every year I want to do a vacation for my birthday! Why not?!

Turks & Caicos is a beautiful island, well islands I should say. We stayed in Providenciales, or Provo as the locals call it. It was nothing shy of extraordinary. Beautiful beaches and water in all kinds of turquoise and blues. Friendly people, cute shops - it was really so ideal. I'll return for sure since it was a 3 hour plane ride and felt very safe. Oh and the food ... the food was magical. So was the coconut ice cream I indulged in. Yum!

Here are some photos of the trip (because even on an island with just water & sand, I still managed to take 200+ photos):

The Sands - our most excellent resort (with a welcome rum punch drink!)

The Turks & Caicos Island Map

View at lunch at Hemingway's Restaurant

View from under the beach umbrella

Laying in a hammock

View looking up in the hammock
View at dinner at Bay Bistro

That delicious coconut ice cream!
Morning beach walk

Ahhh pure beauty

Sea Star Sighting!

Empty beach in the morning 
My most favorite picture from the trip. This was an abandoned dock at an abandoned hotel on the beach. Naturally I'd like to buy that hotel and stare at this dock every day... 
Birthday rum punches!

This was the exact time of me turning 30, 12:35pm. I may not have had such a big smile if it weren't for the amazing pool, sun, and island I was in! 

This trip was really special and memorable. I completely detached from anything going on in "reality" and just lounged around. It's pretty hard for me to do nothing, but I somehow found no problem in doing that on this trip. It felt liberating! Every morning would consist of a walk on the beach, then a trip to town to walk around the shops, then back for lunch, relaxing on the beach, then the pool, then shower, then dinner, then drink. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. And Repeat. No desire to do anything but that list of things, every day. Already dreaming of a return ...