Homemade Aloe Vera Face Mask

I have a healthy aloe plant growing on the windowsill in my bedroom. 




But it's getting quite large so I've had to find something to do with it. Cue my google search of "homemade aloe vera face wash" and what popped up was a mask with shea butter (I have that!) and olive oil (I have that too!). Voila! A homemade face treat that I can make with my houseplant! I recommend it! It's good for dry/combination types - just what my skin needed! 


Shea Butter, Olive Oil, and Aloe Vera Face Mask

  • 1 tablespoon Aloe Vera gel
  • 1 tablespoon extra virgin Olive Oil
  • 1 tablespoon Shea Butter
Mix and mash all the ingredients in a mixing bowl, until you have a nice and smooth paste.

Spread the paste gently and equally with a facial mask brush or spatula on your clean face and neck: keep the eye area clear.

Now lie down, relax and leave the mask on for 15 minutes.

Then rinse it off with alternately warm and cold water and end with a splash of cold; pat your skin dry with a clean towel. Finally apply a moisturizer, this way you "seal" your skin to keep the water inside.

from: Natural Homemade Remedies for Life