5 Cities Before 30

When I turned 29, I had a goal of seeing 5 new cities before I turned 30. It was an ambitious goal and up to a couple of months ago, I didn't think I would be able to do it seeing as I only visited one new city in the 10 months of making that goal. But it worked out, I am so proud to say and I am so incredibly fortunate to be able to have traveled to all these places this year. Here are all 5 cities in photos and some of the top memories I've had in them:

Montreal, Canada 



Notre Dame

Notre Dame

Amazing amazing amazing: watercress, prosciutto, a fried in bacon grease date, and a mystery green sauce I forget the name of - roll it all up and the explosion of flavors is enough to get you to never want to be vegetarian again.



*Best meal of my life to date at Les Trois Petits Bouchons - I can still taste it. I'd fly to Montreal in a second if it meant eating there again.
*Canadians take Labor Day very seriously - no one works except cafe's and bookstores! Amazing. 


Washington DC - The Capital 



Washington Monument under Knapp Bridge

Turn Down Service at the Mandarin Oriental

Washington Monument (if the cherry blossoms were bloomed, this would've been a beautiful photo!)

The one cherry blossom we saw :( 

The Jefferson Memorial





I've been to DC before, but not for overnight stays and never to exclusively see the Capital so I'll consider this my "first" time in the capital as I've never seen DC like this before.
*Cherry Blossoms bloom for a hot second - - I missed that hot second!
*My first turn down service at the Mandarin Hotel

*Memorials are breathtaking.

Louisville, KY 



Just missed the Kentucky Derby, but the excitement at Churchill Downs lived on days afterwards

Worlds largest bat at the Slugger Museum

Wanna buy a wig?



*Worlds largest bat & how to make a baseball bat at the Slugger Museum
*No shortage of wig shops 

*Churchill Downs/Kentucky Derby Museum

Nashville, TN 



Andrew Jackson's Home: The Hermitage

Country Music Museum

The Hermitage Hotel's Lobby

Nashville's Broadway

Broadway at Night

*True Southern Hospitality
*An amazing lobby at the Hermitage 
*Music, music, music - even coming out of street light posts!
*Country Music Museum & Walk of Fame
*The Hermitage - home of Andrew Jackson


Memphis, TN 



Long live the King!

Motorcycle Night on Beale St.

*Elvis lives forever in the hearts of many many fans
*A reverence equated to a Good Friday church service at Graceland
*Beale Street lined with motorcycles
*The busiest city in the South that I've witnessed
*The Peabody Hotel
 & their ducks





Like I said, I'm very fortunate to have gone to all these places. Traveling is hands down my most favorite thing to do. Visiting new places, meeting new people, experiencing different cultures, trying new food - it's all so intriguing to me. I'll actually be visiting a 6th city right at the cusp of turning 30: Providenciales in Turks & Caicos later next week (to turn 30 in style!). I am so excited!!