Warm Milk



I've always heard of warm milk as being a before bedtime treat, but I never had it. Actually, it never really sounded appealing to me. But then I was watching Downton Abbey and heard a remedy for being ill was cinnamon and warm milk. Now that sounded like something delicious. I quickly did a google search, found a few recipes to marry together, opened the fridge, took out some milk, opened the cabinets and took out some basics and within minutes had a nice warm treat. Delicious - check. Sleep inducing - check plus. I don't have any issues with falling asleep, but rather with sometimes having a good night of sleep. Well, this definitely calmed me and I had a night of very good sleep. It's also a nice "midnight snack" - low calorie at that - and an alternative to a warm spirit on a chilly winters' night (so long brandy!). 


Warm Milk 
Makes 1 8 oz glass 


Ingredients: 
8 oz milk (I imagine this would be just as tasty with almond or soy milk)
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp sugar
1 tsp honey 
1 cinnamon stick 


Bring milk to a simmer, add vanilla extract and sugar. Allow to boil. 
Place cinnamon stick in mug, pour boiled milk over cinnamon stick. 
Place a flat dish over the mug, sit covered for 5 minutes. 
Remove dish, sip, and enjoy!