A Foot Injury


I couldn't resist asking my podiatrist for a picture of my left foot x-ray during a recent visit to him. I stepped on something (what felt like a sharp metal corner of a desk) while walking to work one morning and ended up getting a lisfranc injury from it. Just grand. Very painful, very frightening (since I love my reflexology!), but thankfully it wasn't the worst of the injury and after a few days of my foot being wrapped in tight bandages, I seem to now be all healed. Lesson learned: watch where I'm walking and what I could potentially be stepping on. Sometimes it's ok to not hold your head so high ...

On another note, after months of studying the anatomy of the foot for my reflexology studies, it was sort of really awesome to see the bones in the x-ray and actually see what it is I feel while doing a reflexology session. And I'm always curious what I look like inside.