Crafts: Counted Cross Stitch


I made this counted cross stitch piece for my cousin Corrie a few years back when she had a baby. It was supposed to be a framed birth announcement piece, but I thought it'd be more fun to make it a door hanging. So I put some material in the back and sewed it on via those brown stitches and used 2 buttons to hold the ribbon for the hanging (and to conceal the knots in the back). 


Sadly I think this was my last "big" counted cross stitch piece I've completed. I have so many projects started ... time to buckle down and finish at least one! It's just a demanding craft because it requires a lot of concentration. Unlike knitting which I can do while watching TV, I need no distractions and at least two hours at a time to work on it. But I do miss doing that work, there is something very fulfilling about starting with a blank canvas and creating something like the above.