Homemade Gifts

Who doesn't love giving and receiving a present? Isn't the answer amplified when you give or receive something homemade? I think so!

For a few ladies at work, I made some homemade goodies. I've been making an effort at home to make my own natural hand scrub, lotion, and face wash so I decided to share that with them. The scrub and wash are tried and true recipes, but the lotion is brand new and I'm still working out the kinks. I asked them all to give feedback so I can improve the recipe (I'm not entirely happy with it yet).

Once I got all my packaging elements, the fun started in putting together a really nice present. Here's what it looked like:



In the package was:
Orange Almond Hand Scrub, along with a bamboo scoop
Lavender Tea Tree Face Wash
Lavender Body Lotion
A rundown on the products and how to use them

For good measure, I wanted to add some holiday bark since chocolate can also help the skin look radiant!


I discovered that Paper Source has excellent packaging items for us crafters! I got those neat red boxes, awesome stickers/tags, and a ton of other items to help all my holiday packaging look great.

Another homemade item I have been working on for over 2 months was vanilla! I gifted that to my baker friends!


Already thinking about homemade holiday gifts for 2014! Maybe some shampoo and conditioner? Mittens? Ornaments? Can't wait to do some plotting!