Holiday Bark

I have a secret: I never heard of bark until a month ago when a co-worker brought some into work. I was a bit grossed out by it, but then I did some research and thought it would've been a good dessert to make for the holidays. I liked it so much, I ended up making more and including it in some presents!

I used Ina Garten's recipe since it had the best reviews and like she did, I tracked down good quality chocolate and used that. Well worth the money - seriously. It'll be a gourmet dessert and present.

I suppose you don't need to call this holiday bark, but I did since it was for the holiday. Ina calls it French Chocolate Bark. That sounds so snooty to me - ha!

The great thing about this dessert is that you can add whatever you want to it. I made two chocolate types - white chocolate and milk/dark chocolate - and then did three toppings variations. All were SO yummy.

To my white chocolate variation, I added pistachios and cherries (like those biscotti's I made). You could add candy canes and make it totally festive!

To my milk/dark chocolate variations, I added apricots, golden raisins, pepitas, cashews, and cranberries and then I did a s'more variation with marshmallows and teddy grahams.

All so so good! And very easy! Here's the recipe!