Revamping a Boring Snack Tray

I've been on the lookout for a new snack tray set, but haven't found anything that I've liked. The ones I have are hand-me-downs from my parents and while they're still useful, they don't match the wood in my living room (I know, it's such a problem right?). Since I wasn't sure how long it'd take to find a tray I was happy with, I decided to figure out another option. Inspiration struck with some oil cloth that I had leftover from another project. I embarked on the most easiest of home decor projects like took five whole minutes and is saving me hours of trying to find another snack tray set. I am now completely happy with my "new" snack trays and have an easier time cleaning them too! Win, win. 

Here's the step-by-step guide: 

Tools needed:
-Snack Tray
-1 piece of oil cloth, be sure you have about 1 inch extra all around to do your folding 
-Staple Gun
-Exacto Knife or Rolling Knife 
-Scissors 
-Cutting board 

Step 1: Lay material (print side down) on floor and place snack tray evenly on top.



Step 2: Fold corners over as shown above, staple each side, holding the material taut.



Step 3: Fold sides of cloth, staple (I did staples about 1 inch apart)



Step 4: Fold top portion of material and staple. 

Step 5: Close legs over so it doesn't impair with folding the last piece of material over. Staple. 


And you're done, flip over and voila - you should have something that looks like this: