Texas Trip!

It was my first trip to Texas and I'll admit I went only because that's where the spa was ... but I'm glad I finally made it to the lonestar state, it was quite memorable. 

I specifically visited Austin. Here are some photos:


Austin Capitol - beautifully well maintained building. 

Stars are everywhere! This was a doorknob in the capitol building. 

No North, South, East, or West - - just Texas, all the way. 

6th St during the daytime - which is the dead time! Bustling at night though. 

I did a lot of research on Texas BBQ and the best places to eat it in Austin. I finally settled on Rudy's - it did not disappoint. I indulged in delicious brisket and baby back ribs, with a side of their cream corn and coleslaw. The cream corn was a bit heavy so I'd opt out of that next time. And just found out they ship some meats - very tempted to get some delivered to good ol' NY!

This was a poster on an abandoned building on 6th St. The chilly weather Austin was having during my visit didn't stop endless musicians from sitting on the streets strumming away on their guitar. I guess it really is the music capital of the world

The Laguna Gloria house that's part of the Austin Museum of Art is quite a beautiful house and landscape. Not much for exhibits, but I'm happy I made the detour there. 

South Congress was a really awesome street/area to visit. It reminded me of Brooklyn - always a good thing since that makes me feel like I'm home! Here are some photos from walking that street:
The iconic sign of the Austin Motel

Had to try on some cowgirl boots - these were the tamest I could find!



Never saw so many cowboy/girl boots!

Awesome mural of the Virgin Mary on the outside of Tesoro's

Now ... my trip to Texas for a reason aside from checking out Austin. Austin was basically the bonus, though I'm not sure anything quite can be a bonus to this spa. 

My trip was all to visit the Lake Austin Spa & Resort. It was the biggest indulgence to date and I already want to return but am trying to not book myself another trip just yet. But in one word, the trip was spectacular. And spa-tacular I suppose as well! It was nice to not have to rush back to reality after getting a spa treatment and to stay in that mode for 4 days. And 4 days worth of treatment didn't hurt either! The food was amazingly fresh and tasty, as well as healthy! I like those three combos. The activities were plentiful, but reading in a cozy chair all day was also on the agenda. It was hard to capture just how wonderful that place was, but here are a few photos: 
Being lazy by the lake

 A perfect picture window

Affirmation cards given after each treatment & at turn down

Daisy's are my favorite and these were in my room (with a spring of rosemary to add a nice touch (and scent) to the flowers!)

Texas treated me so well, so I shall return some day! Yee haw ya'll! 

Of course no trip is complete without some souvenirs. I picked up these two lovely items: 
Seemed only right to get a tshirt of the Lonestar State! This one came from Storyville in SoCo and was incredibly soft! Love lounging in it now post-trip!

Guitar String Bracelet by Robin and Leigh. Hey, Austin is all about music after all and what better way to remember that?