Breakfast Tacos


It took me until my recent trip to Texas to discover breakfast tacos. Where have they been hiding my whole life?!

I decided to recreate them here at home. The experiment turned out great and even saved precious morning time!

I made mine ahead of time and it yielded 6 tacos so plenty to have for breakfast or bring to work as a late morning snack. You can use whatever mix-in's you want, I stuck with bacon and cheddar.

Breakfast Tacos

6 eggs
2 tbsp water
4 slices bacon
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
6 soft tacos, small size

Cook bacon on the stovetop to crispy. Remove and place on a plate covered in paper towels to absorb grease.

Beat eggs in a bowl and add two tablespoons of water. Using the bacon pan, scramble eggs. Remove from pan, let cool in a bowl while chopping the bacon into bits. Place bacon in with eggs and mix to evenly distribute.

Cut 6 pieces of wax paper and lay each taco shell on each piece. Sprinkle cheddar cheese over shell then add about 3 tbsp of the eggs and bacon mixture. Fold the taco and wrap wax paper over each taco.

Refridgerate until ready to heat up in the microwave (I heated mine for about a minute and twenty seconds).

Enjoy!