Crafting: Recycling Christmas Cards Into Garland


If you're anything like me, you hate throwing out cards of any kind. It took me up until this year to throw out "new home" cards I got when I moved to my apartment five years ago. I'm part pack rack and part sentimental. You never know a rainy day you may pull those cards out to re-read them ... hmmm probably not right?

Well, for Christmas at least you can keep those cards. At least I am! I LOVE everything Christmas and especially all the cards I receive in the mail.

With just a few simple tools, you can handcraft your very own Christmas Garland!

Here's what you need:
*Christmas Cards
*A Star Cookie Cutter
*Exacto Knife
*Needle with a large eye
*Yarn

Instructions:
1 - Using the star cutter, outline the area of the card you want to keep, cut around the star.
2 - Once all pieces are assembled, thread yarn in the needle. Keep about 10 inches of thread lose at the end.
3 - Poke holes through each star cut out (make sure card faces are all facing the same direction!) and thread each star.
4 - Once all are on the yarn, pull out the yarn as long as you want your garland to be. Space each star accordingly.
5 - Tie a knot at the end & beginning to prevent the first and last card from sliding .
6 - Loop the end & beginning so you can easily attach it to branches or a hook.
7 - Enjoy your garland and all the cards you received through the years! You can easily tag on more cards after each season.