Great Article

I just picked up The Atlantic last night for this article: Is Facebook Making Us Lonely? 

Very interesting read and makes me happy in my decision to cut off Facebook for all except family and friends I've had before the phenomenon of Facebook. It's a good resource to stay in touch with people, but when people start to make it their home base with information about themselves, then that's when I start to get a bit aggravated. If you want to share good news with me, call me or email me. Basically go that extra mile to make an effort to share news. Don't assume I'm stalking your page to see vacation photos or a sonogram. If you're not sharing news with me, then I'm assuming you don't want me to know something. It's that simple. But yet Facebook has complicated so many friendships/relationships and I'd rather not participate in that. I just wish there were more people like me so we could go back to writing letters on pretty stationary and having hour-long phone conversations. Or better yet, a meet up for dinner or tea somewhere. Face-to-Face contact - such a rarity these days!

I hope you find the article as interesting as I did. And maybe if you're an obsessive Facebook-er, you'll have a change of heart and fall back to social reality.