Cookies for Christmas: German Chocolate Cake Cookies


OK these are a keeper! Relatively easy and easy to eat more than one, these cookies were my second for my 12 Cookies of Christmas adventure. I made these for volunteers at my church's food pantry who have been working tirelessly to distribute gifts from the Giving Tree to those in need this holiday. They enjoyed them a lot. The extras I had, I brought to the craft club we do monthly at church - - the ladies there liked them just as much!

It's a more expensive cookie to make since pecans are so pricey, but they add a nice crunch and flavor to the cookie you can't skip that part.

You can find the recipe here.

My only modification was that I had no chocolate chips (I know, what kind of baker am I?!!) so I had to shave off chocolate from my chocolate bar I bought to make holiday bark. I like to think it made the cookie taste better, but I can't compare it to the chips so who knows. All I know is that I have about five of these cookies in my stomach and I couldn't be happier!