Pie #6: Chocolate Banana Pecan


Do you know how exciting it is to have a lot of your favorite flavors combined into one dessert? Well, that's what this pie was for me: chocolate, pecans, and bananas. Mmmm good! 

Do you know how exciting it is when something is easy to bake? Very. And that's what this pie was. 

I cheated on getting a store bought pie crust, so I apologize in advance for being lazy. But because of that, I had to modify the recipe a bit and I like to think it worked out for the better. Had I made my own crust, I would've had to incorporate the pecans into it. Instead, I blended the chocolate and pecans together, which ultimately resulted in a pie with a crunch. Those are the best -- in my opinion. 

Like I said, this pie is easy and it whips up quickly. I recommend it and it tastes even better the longer you wait to serve it so make it at least a day in advance. Enjoy!

Here's the recipe!

Chocolate Banana Pecan Pie 
modified from chocolate banana pie

9 inch pie dough
1/4 cup chopped pecans + more for topping
8 oz cream cheese softened
1 cup confectioners sugar
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup white sugar
2 large bananas sliced
3.9 oz package instant chocolate pudding


  1. Bake pie crust at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Let cool.
  2. Beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth, and spread in the pie shell.
  3. Prepare chocolate pudding according to package instructions, but use 1/2 cup less milk. Mix in pecans Set aside.
  4. Whip the cream with 1/2 cup sugar. Spread half of the whipped cream over the cream cheese in the shell. Lay sliced bananas on top of the whipped cream, and cover with the chocolate pie filling. Spread the other half of the whipped cream over the bananas. Sprinkle with chopped pecans, and refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.