52 Cookies: Pt 1

In 2011, I made a resolution to bake a new cookie each week in an attempt to become a better cookie baker. I blogged about my experience and successfully completed a year worth of cookies. My blog sadly expired by January 1 of 2012 and Apple said goodbye to iWeb, the software I used for it.

Up until now, I thought I had lost all my blog entries. But today, a small miracle happened in which I was able to access them all! Before I lose them, I'm backing them up on here so I can finally get the recipes for all those 52 cookies (er, maybe minus a couple since they weren't all that great)! And of course share them with you since many of them were so very delicious.

Here's the first few cookies & a link to their recipes!


These were hard to make cookies, but were delicious and tasted like they came from an Italian bakery. 


These received rave reviews when I shared them with friends. Who doesn't like peanut butter cups with a chocolate filling? Add a pecan topping for a nice crunch!


I don't remember much about these, except that breaking up the chocolate was a pain (made easier by a good processor). My notes said that some thought they were "amazing." I'll try to remake these around Cinco de Mayo to refresh my memory.


These were a nice cookie since they had a nice treat: a hershey's kiss in the middle! So a wonderful melty surprise!


I love my some red velvet, but I think I'll stick with the cake. These weren't so memorable, though if you're not willing to put the work into making a cake, this is a decent compromise. 


I was expecting these to be beyond words, but they were pretty standard. Oreo's don't bake, so that was an interesting fact to figure out. These cookies came out too large so be cautious if you decide to try them. 


These have been a repeat recipe in my kitchen - excellent and a crowd pleaser. Get some good quality rum and enjoy the taste of the tropics!